Friday, April 4, 2014

Working

We started work in Henry's room. It is the smallest room and pink, so I figure that is as good as place as any to start; although, Henry is being insistent that we keep the room pink. Sorry buddy. We started demoing the room and patching holes in the wall, which all went fine. Then, I replaced three 2-prong outlets with 3-prong outlets. As these things usually go for me, one out of the three outlets now work. Oh yeah, and the light switch and closet light no longer work. I love home improvements. At least I didn't get electrocuted.

(Update: Round 2 with the electrical went better and most things work, although some things still don't work and I have no idea why.)



Henry worked up such a thirst he needed two cups.

Hoping for nice clean hardwood floors. Found a lot of glue residue.

Speaking of work, Henry was pretending to go into his office (a.k.a. closet) and do work at the Webster house. We called him for dinner and he popped out and instantly fessed up to eating dog food. I checked and the dog food lid was open. We have no idea how much he ate, but I have a feeling it was at least a good sized handful.

As the improvements were a fail (do kids still say "fail"?), the best part of the day was seeing the three deer in the backyard. Although, I was surprised the kids didn't seem all that excited. The only wildlife they see in Milwaukee are squirrels and wild turkeys (once).



No comments:

Post a Comment