Tuesday, April 8, 2014

And the work continues...

We spent another weekend over at the Elm Grove house doing work. Surprisingly the actual work isn't the bad part. It's the boys. And usually Kristin is the problem because we don't work great together (I have no patience and she asks a zillion questions and texts Amy a lot). So far it has not been a problem; although, on Sunday she had a headache and took a four hour break so I did most (or all) of the house work. She still had to keep the boys in line, which is probably the toughest job.

From the start of the day, the boys cause the biggest headaches and make the actual house work seem fun. The mornings are filled with not listening, whining and complaining as we are trying to get ready to go. Then, the day of work is filled with the boys fighting, picking up tools they shouldn't, and constant chatter and questions. I just love doing house work and playing a game of 20 questions at the same time. Both boys just pick stuff up and ask, "What is this?" and/or "What is this for?" Super annoying.

I'm already questioning the front yard. The boys love running around and it's great, but I had a couple walkers-by make some comments and talk to me. I don't want to talk. Pretend you don't see me and move along. We're not friends. If there is heavy pedestrian traffic I won't be able to do anything but say hi to neighbors.

Below are some pictures of how things look currently. Hopefully we can soon post pictures of completed rooms. We caved and hired a painter for the main living space; vaulted ceilings and ugly woodwork (ceiling is staying wood) made it too much for us. He starts on Thursday and should be done by Saturday - we can't wait to see how it looks all white. 




      


So much easier to pull out staples and nails with Hank the Tank on your back.

Oops. I made a hole - good thing this is Geoff the Painter's problem now.

1 comment: