Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Airing of Grievances

Festivus already? Actually, I think it has been awhile since I've done some complaining, which is impressive since there is so much to complain about when raising a two and three year old. This is a minor complaint, but I am sick and tired of the same old children books. Cole and Henry always pick the same books. I'm even sick of the good ones. We have a handful of books that are just awful. I think they must have been on sale (a savings not at all worth it). They are horrible and the kids pick them constantly. Cole will typically pick the same books for weeks straight with little variation. Henry usually isn't as bad, but the other night I had to read the same book twice in row. I'm considering cutting back the nightly reading from three books each to one per child.


Since I'm complaining, as I'm typing this I'm about to make my third trip upstairs in the past two hours because the boys keep waking up. I guess that just doesn't end. Cole has been waking up screaming in pain from foot cramps. After an unnecessary trip to the doctor (thanks to the new nurse Kristin talked to on the phone) we have been told they are just growing pains. Too bad they likely won't go away for 12 or so years.

I'm thinking Hen could make some money starring in a horror movie as an evil toddler-clown.

In other news, Henry has developed a bit of a stutter. We took advantage of that unnecessary trip to the doctor to address all new issues, and supposedly the stutter is normal. It is much more prevalent when he is tired, but hopefully it will be completely gone soon. Google told us the same thing as our Pediatrician and doesn't charge a co-pay.


And finally, I will end with some potty humor:  For about a week now, every morning we wake up to find Cole on the shitter taking his morning dump. He's nice and regular. He sits there for a real long time because he spends so much time making a nice pile of single square pieces of toilet paper for wiping. He is not a very good wiper yet though, so we eventually have to get out of bed and help.

Cole likes to play guitar like the blind guy in Road House. I think I once wanted to name Cole, Clint Dalton Fuchs. The Dalton in honor of the Swayze character in Road House. (The Clint was for Clint Eastwood, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment