Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lollapalooza 2013!

We are back from our three days at Lollapalooza in Chicago. The trip was a lot of fun and it was nice to get away. Going to a music fest has been on our bucket list so it was nice to finally get the chance. We saw many of the bands we are currently listening to such as The Lumineers, Vampire Weekend, The Killers and Mumford & Sons. We also saw some random bands like New Order, Family of the Year and Matt & Kim. I will spare you the reviews, but Kristin and I were both surprised to find that we enjoyed The Killers the most. I also thought it was cool to see a Mumford and Sons guitarist have a "Milwaukee America's Drunkest City" sticker on his guitar,which reminds me: all they served was Budweiser products. Yucky! On the plus side, I enjoyed a $9 Graham Elliot Lobster Corn Dog. I also lost my phone in a cab, but Holly of the Emerald Loop, which was only a block away from our hotel, found it and texted Kristin. I was very happy and surprised to not even be inconvenienced over the whole matter.

Besides watching the bands, the people-watching was amazing. I'm not sure I understand today's fashion choices (we are getting old). Admittedly, the crowds and lines got to be a little much (again, we're getting old). Kristin actually had a panic attack while watching Mumford & Sons because we got so tightly packed in with everybody else. It was overwhelming but she is also a baby and worries too much.

It sounds like the kids had fun without us. They kept busy between the grandparents, going to a Fuchs family reunion, visiting cousins, working in Bampa's garden and going on a boat ride. Like I said, it was nice to get away but damn did we miss those guys!

Picture complements of Steve from his office building


Crowd waiting to see Imagine Dragon

The Port O Pots got quite disgusting. I'm glad to be a man. Kristin timed her wait before Mumford & Sons and it was over 20 minutes.





Squeezed in some sightseeing on our way to Grant Park
I have never seen so many ass cheeks outside of diaper changes

Our first Facebook type phone pic...that you will not see on Facebook


Not Lolla related, but thought I would show Uncle Ben's shaving cream hookup. That should last me awhile. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun time!! Definitely something for Kevin and me (well me really) to work towards, three days away from John. I'm sure by the time John is Henry's age we will be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the part about Kristen being a baby and worrying but after looking at the pics I agree with Kristen, that crowd looked crazy! Glad you guys got a weekend away!

    ReplyDelete