Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mark?

This weekend Cole and I were playing upstairs while Kristin was feeding Henry. Cole got very excited and ran to our bedroom window, pointed and said, "Where is Mark?" I was confused and wasn't sure what he was looking for as his new favorite game is to wonder where people and objects went and we aren't always sure what he has in mind. He will yell, "where are you?" to just about anything...books, balls, Bella, his milk cup, Henry etc. and then go searching for said item. I brushed off "Mark" and tried to engage him in something else but he was intent on finding Mark. After much fuss about Mark I started to wonder if Mark was Kristin's daytime boyfriend who comes over when I am at work and plays with my kids. Cole and I stormed downstairs to confront Kristin and her adulterous ways...she was not sure who Mark was either. Then Cole ran to our downstairs window, pointed and again started calling, "Mark where are you?" And saying, "Mark's turn." By now I was pretty certain my kid liked this Mark person better than me and that Kristin certainly was cheating. After a few more attempts to find Mark, Kristin figured out that Cole was talking about our neighbor, Margaret, who they watched shovel the other day. When Margaret and her husband Cosmo (who Cole is also obsessed with) were shoveling they took turns dumping the snow on the sidewalk - thus "Mark's turn." That's Kristin's explaination at least.

I really didn't think Kristin had a daytime boyfriend but pretty funny regardless. I wonder how many real-life affairs have been blow open by a toddler's loose lips.

1 comment: