Thursday, January 12, 2012

Guys Night

This weekend Cole, Henry and I had a guys night and a little bit of a guys day. It didn't start great. After Kristin left for the store, Cole cried at the door for her for, what I felt, was an unreasonably long time. At first I felt pretty bad for him, but then remembered he can barely be bothered to say goodbye to me in the mornings, then I decided to feel bad for myself and not Cole. This is certainly not the first time these kids have been mean to their Dad.




After Cole recovered he decided he should take his anger and frustration out on Bella, so I had to enforce my first timeout. Usually Kristin does the disciplining. She has given many timeouts already (the boys and I call her "Kriscipline" when she is not home). I really did hate giving Cole a timeout. Its no fun. I'm glad to say the night was not a total disaster. We did have some fun. Cole likes to turn on the ipod and "dance," which really means run in a circle while saying, "Nice dancing Cole!" The highlight of his night was definitely snagging my Gatorade. He loved it and slammed it pretty quickly. I think my favorite was guys day when I actually got to watch a good chunk of two football games. Not bad.


Kristin had to run to the store on Sunday to get some breathable/mesh bumpers (the reason for guys day) because Henry likes to sleep with his head pressed up against the bars of his crib. He did a number on his soft spot. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It was super indented and dark purple for awhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment