Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lazy Eye

I guess it is now Henry's turn for a medical issue. Poor little Hanky-poo has a clogged tear duct. It was first misdiagnosed as an eye infection so we were torturing him 3 times daily with eye drops. Now we just have to give him some hard rubbing eye massages twice a day. That should be fun.

I was worried at first that we would end up with a white Forest Whitaker (see lazy eye), but apparently it is common in newborns and there shouldn't be any long-term issues.

Happily, he is already looking much better today.

3 comments:

  1. This will probably sound crazy, but I swear it works: squirt breast milk in his eye. It clears up those clogged tear ducts right away. Don't ask me why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. I'm glad I don't have a clogged tear duct. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on. I bet you're faking a clogged tear duct right now.

    ReplyDelete