Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Boy #2 Nursery

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we went to Ikea and bought the baby furniture for baby #2, (side note: we are selling the naming rights since we can’t think of any, if you want to put in a bid let us know). Ikea was tiring, but we got everything we need. The new nursery will be in the room I was keeping my dresser and clothes in, so now Kristin and I have to share a room/closet, which in turn required the purchase of two new dressers. We also bought an end table, crib and dresser/changing table.

This is the mood board (obviously put together by Kristin):


And this is how it actually turned out. With baby due in about 2 weeks it certainly took us long enough!


 View from doorway - that second door leads to a tiny upper porch


Kristin made this mobile for over the changing table

Bedding close-up; mix of Etsy and handiwork by a family friend

Although I think the nursery turned out nice, I feel I owe Boy #2 an apology. Boy #2 definitely got nursery on a budget. Cole's furniture, bedding, bookshelf and rocking chair were all fancier and pricier. I feel a little guilty, but neither Kristin nor I feel the need to go all out like we did with Cole. Hopefully this is not a sign of future child neglect of Boy #2. I hear you love the 2nd one just as much as the first, but as of now that just sounds like something people are supposed to say.

As I mentioned above, Kristin and I will now be sharing a room for clothes and dressers which should be great for the marriage. I anticipate this going as well as when we first moved into the condo together and I seriously wanted to murder her.

3 comments:

  1. It looks so good! I wouldn't know it was less, or even your second. Poor Sean just moved into Cohen's nursery when he was born, zero updates and changes. I love the white geometric shelves on the wall and the bedding so much. Where is the lamp from in the inspiration pictures, I want it for our playroom in orange! Kristin-nice work on the mobile, so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the mood board! The mobile is so cute. Did you make the wiring or buy it from somewhere? Nice job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great - definitely not inferior! Love the shelving (with the ubiquitous Sophie . . . how did she get so popular?)

    ReplyDelete