Monday, March 29, 2010

Yikes!

Last night sucked. Cole woke up around 2:30 a.m., which is fine and not out of the ordinary. I fed him most of his bottle, changed his diaper and fed him the rest of the bottle. All routine. It was even normal when he had a little spit up when he was done eating. Like I said, all fine.

Then, the next thing I knew, I was in a horror film with a possessed baby spewing up an unbelievable amount of formula. It seriously felt like he was vomiting up formula for a couple of minutes. I think it may have even been more than a bottle's worth. He had to have been storing it up for awhile, maybe since lunch.

When it was finally over I had to change my entire outfit; my sweatshirt, pants and even my tee shirt. There was so much it soaked through all the layers. Cole, of course, was also a mess. I had to change him AGAIN and wipe him down with a washcloth. The blanket and pillow that normally sit on our rocking chair were also soaked and need to be washed. It was scary.

I was pretty proud of myself  for not waking up Kristin. When it happened I just stood him up in my lap and held him for a little bit debating whether to call for help. I hesitated as I wasn’t sure if we needed to call 911 or a priest. In the end I handled it myself and let Kristin sleep. Although, after I was finally done cleaning up, I was so amazed at the incident and proud of myself for dealing with it, I went back to bed and woke her up to let her know what happened and how well I handled it.

We are all doing fine now, although Cole had an incident in the morning as well. As I was quick changing him, he did the classic baby boy maneuver and pissed in his face (also on his clothes, the diaper genie, the floor...the list goes on). I don't care how often I see it, I just don't know what to think when a baby is having trouble opening up his eye because he just literally peed in it. For my sake and his, that little thing better grow ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment