Monday, March 22, 2010

No More Mondays

I thought I would give a little update on my Mondays. Sadly, today is my last and I couldn't be more upset. Cole and I are pretty much up to the same stuff. The biggest difference is, with Cole being bigger, the throw up and the poops are also bigger. Overall, I have managed to learn a few lessons:

First lesson...
At the advice of Kristin, I have learned that I just have to go through the day in a shirt that has a little bit of puke on it. You can pretty much bet that you are going to get spit up on, it's a little gross and takes some getting used to, but our dirty laundry pile always towers over the clean pile so anything to decrease the load is worth giving the old college try. Update: Within an hour of writing the above, I was thrown up on twice to such an extent that a shirt change was definitely not optional. I was soaked in regurgitated formula, and I am already rethinking the puke shirt.

Second lesson...
Always make sure diaper bags are securely placed on one's shoulder. Keep reading to know the importance of this lesson.

Third lesson...
It has been a goal of mine now to actually make it out of the house with Cole on one of our Mondays. I am not sure why I am finding it so difficult to do. It just never seems to work out or maybe I am just a wuss and afraid to deal with him if he goes berserk in a store. Last week I finally did it! We did not get off to a great start. As you can see he is not very happy to be leaving the house. I'm not sure what he had in mind for the day, but obviously an outing with Dad was not on his list.


I thought he would look forward to rocking his Spiderman outfit, which fits perfectly even though he is 4 months and the onesie is for a 6-9 month baby. Does anyone else think Spiderman gained a little weight?

Anyway, Cole usually calms down in the car once it gets moving and today was no exception...except that I'm an idiot and decided I needed a McDonald's coffee, so I hit up the drive-thru. Right away Cole started screaming. Needless to say, no more drive-thrus for Cole and Daddy.

Our trip started with an apartment visit in Wauwatosa and to the hardware store to get keys made for some tenants. Cole was still sleeping - all is good. The next stop was the Wal-Mart in Waukesha. I heard some peeps, but nothing much so we were still good. We got our items and got back in the car just in time. The baby monster awoke with loud wails. He still didn't need to eat for another hour, so I wasn't sure what to do. I was also regretting venturing out so far from home.

Our final stop was supposed to be Babies 'R Us, but I decided not to go for it and hopped on the highway to head home. Cole loves the highway, and about half way home he quieted down, so I turned down the music and returned to a legal speed. Now at this point I realized that I panicked and probably could have gone to our final stop, but oh well. Maybe next time.

Since he was quiet and I was feeling confident again, I decided to pass up our house and head north to Taco Bell (yes, risk another drive-thru; has Kristin ever told you how forgetful I am?). Surprisingly all went well and I was able to enjoy the new Taco Bell shrimp tacos.

Overall, I say the trip was a success. Oh yeah, except on my way into the house the diaper bag slipped off my shoulder and may have landed on Cole's head (and by "may have" I mean it "did"). To sum up, lesson #3 is to not panic, keep cars moving, and it is okay to eat seafood at Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment