Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lullaby

Taking Cole out to run errands always makes me a little anxious. Most of the time he is perfect, just sleeps in his car seat and doesn't make a peep.

However, when it goes bad-it goes really bad. Take a recent text message Nick sent me while at Wal-Mart, after I asked how their trip was going (more to come on their outing soon), it read, "ABORT, he is awake and screaming." When this happens I usually try to stuff the pacifier in Cole's mouth and hope that does the trick. When it doesn't...we hightail it out of wherever we are so he can scream it out in the car.


The car is where all the fun begins. I have discovered that Cole is a fan of this song. Usually I turn it up and sing. But the trick is...you have to sing in a high voice, and you MUST sing the instrumental parts. In fact, in Cole's opinion, singing "dingk, dingk, dingk, doo, bum, bump" is the best part of the song and has the highest success rate of calming him. Sure, you can sing the words, and somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd verse he might calm down. But sing your heart out to the parts with no words? Well then you will have a sleeping baby within the 1st few lines. Nick and I are actually going to this concert next week...had we known the little guy was such a big fan we might have purchased an extra ticket for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment