Tuesday, March 11, 2014

On the Move

We're moving! Elm Grove here we come.

I'm a little nervous moving out to the burbs. I had trouble keeping up with the mowing of our 600 square foot yard. Now I have about 26,000 square feet to maintain. This won't go well, and I'm definitely making Kristin learn how to use a lawnmower. It is also super dark in our neighborhood at night without all the City lights. It is going to be an adjustment!


We went through some tough negotiations with the 89 year old lady who lived here. I'm sad to say that she won. She was ruthless and just would not budge on anything. A very unreasonable old bag. We finally met her at the closing last week and she turned out to be very nice, so I apologize for all the smack I've been talking about her for the past month.

As excited as we are, the move is also bittersweet. We have poured a lot of blood and sweat, a few tears and a shitload of dollars into our current house. The boys love our house and the big playroom (a.k.a. dining room). We love our neighbors and neighborhood and it will all be missed, except for the drunk college kids, car alarms and petty vandalism, of course. The new house is smaller than our current house so it is forcing us to really edit all our shit. We are apparently hoarders (mostly me), so as hard as it is, it is good that there just isn't enough room for all my useless crap. This weekend we will start on some painting and other work to get it ready for move-in. Unless we sell our house, it will be a slow move since the boys are in preschool in Shorewood until the end of May.

Let me know if you have someone interested in moving to the East Side, I have just the house for them.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm excited to see pictures of the inside.

    ReplyDelete