Monday, June 3, 2013

Always Something

After a good month of sickness, BOTH kids are recovered and have finally started sleeping through the night again  Yep, at the same time. Kristin and I are not used to uninterrupted sleep. Like most parents with kids our age, it's been about 3 years since we have probably had more than three hours of uninterrupted sleep. Anyway, it finally happened the other morning and it was wonderful. I actually woke up on my own at 5:45 a.m. feeling great.

It reminded me of times pre-kids. Times when all I had to do was worry about myself and there were few to no surprises to deal with. I have realized with kids there is always something. Without fail, a parent will not have a peaceful morning or errand, etc. without incident. It just doesn't happen. There is always a fight or someone getting hurt, crying, diarrhea, refusal to get dressed, a tantrum...something.

Today I, like many people, woke up, showered, dressed and drove to work. As a parent, I had the added delight of cleaning up vomit from a carseat and my car. Well, not only that but I also had the pleasure of smelling vomit for a good portion of my car ride through rush hour traffic. This "something" happened with Henry. Apparently he gets car sick (something that Kristin claims to also suffer from). He did make me laugh though. He just kept saying, "I barfed." And then, after getting him out of his puke clothes and into my mom's car he said, "I want a pancake," which I guess makes sense. He certainly emptied himself out in my car. Caution: gross pictures below.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for making all the other parent's out there feel like we're not the only ones! Whether it's puke or poop, uninterrupted sleep!, or something with the dog, I always look forward to reading the Fuchs Family blog! Oh, and your boys are really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendi, we try to keep it real. I like reading your blog too!

    ReplyDelete