Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Newest Brew Crew Member

Cole is officially a Brewer's fan. Actually, I don't know what makes you an official fan, but he went to his first game on Sunday. It was a pretty exciting game, but sadly the Brewers lost, 5 to 4, to the Pirates. Certainly not their first loss, even to the Pirates, so I guess we can't blame Cole.

    Final 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Pittsburgh 0 1 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 5 10 1
Milwaukee 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 0 4 10 1
WP: W. Rodriguez (6-2) S: J. Grilli (20)
LP: Y. Gallardo (3-5)

I didn't get to see a ton of the game. Potty training Cole the weekend before was not the best timing. I was very scared he would piss and shit all over Miller Park and I would have to run out of there in a panic. Luckily that did not happen. Cole did like going to the potty though...not sure why. We probably made over 10 trips throughout the game and Cole only actually went potty twice. After returning to our seats from the bathroom it typically took Cole about 4 minutes to say once again, "I have to go potty." The people around us found this very amusing. I knew he was probably lying, but I didn't want to take any chances. This obviously got very tiring and I finally had to tell Cole that we would leave if he kept faking potty time. He started to do much better later in the game.

Other than the multiple trips to the bathroom, Cole was great at the game and we had a lot of fun. Cole had lots to eat (I had some/most of everything) including a hot dog, soft pretzel, cheese fries in a helmet, a bag of cookies from Mary, the nice lady behind us, an apple sauce squeeze, a 2nd bag of cookies and a peanut butter cracker thing. He got hungry for dinner around the 8th inning, but we made it through and stayed for the entire 3 hour 27 minute ball game.

After spending all our money on food, I gave myself props for picking Ryan Braun bobblehead day, which saved me from having to spend money on some stupid souvenir. He also saved his cheese fries helmet and got a "first game" certificate (see pic below).

Getting ready to go in his new Brewer shirt. He initially wanted to wear his green Packers shirt, but  thankfully he forgot about that by the time we got ready for the game.













2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time. In preparation for John’s first game where do you get the Brewers certificate? It’s pretty adorable! Also I love Cole’s shoes - are they PumaKids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the certificates at Guest Relations. And yes, they are PumaKids. We spent a lot of time picking them out, so thanks.

      Delete