Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Other weekend fun

Well, this was actually last week and not over the weekend, but Great Grandma and Normal Grandpa came over. Grandpa took off our broken faucet and installed the new one. Then we had a pizza party. Cole really liked to help his Grandpa. Grandpa was still working when it was time for Cole to go to bed, so he kept running downstairs to "check on Grandpa" and would ask Grandpa how he was doing or if he needed help.


We cashed in a Christmas gift card and went to Toys R Us. Cole had fun picking out a toy - he was very serious the entire trip and was weighing his options. He finally decided he would like a race track. So far it has been a big hit and keeps both boys entertained.




I spent the majority of Sunday with Cole. He helped me clean an apartment and get a lease signed at the apartment building. He was a great little helper. He would pop into whatever room I was in and say, "I love you Dad" and then head back out to continue "cleaning." I have to say, most people I work with don't give me a single "I love you" throughout the day.

We ended up having McDonald's for an early lunch. I also gave him a dollar, which he proudly told Normal Grammie that he "earned a dollar." Luckily he did not realize he earned about $0.33 cents per hour. Pretty poor rate.




Dollar in the pocket for safe keeping

Later that day while Henry was napping, Cole and I both got into a little NASCAR for the first time. He really enjoyed the racing, so I DVR'd some more races. We'll see if it sticks.

"I love this new race car show"

No comments:

Post a Comment