Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day 2012

I'm happy to report my third Father's Day was better than the second. This is an easy call since last year we had to take Cole to the emergency room with blood gushing from his forehead. I still hate that piece of furniture at my parent's house, but at least my Dad does pad up the corner now. The boys and I went to my parent's house. Sadly Kristin couldn't come with us because she was on Grammie duty. (Her grandma needs a babysitter and it's only sad because without her I am solely responsible for those kids of ours).

Cole and Henry had a blast at my parents, especially outside. This, of course, means that taking Cole inside was not easy. He put up a pretty good fight, but I got him in there eventually. Henry put about 100 baby miles on his walker. He looked like he was getting too much sun, so he had to wear a thermal long sleeve for awhile.  He must have been so hot in that thing, but he also probably lost a few unneeded pounds. All Henry kept doing was just going around and around the cul-de-sac (and I'm not talking about my Dad's head). As the below pictures show he was really cruising.

Cole had a great time with cousin Lisa. They played in the rocks and Cole practiced riding his trike, with Lisa pushing. He can't quite figure out the foot motion and that he has to push. It was great though. Lisa basically took care of him the entire day. Cole even wanted her to change his diaper (she's only 8). Unfortunately now that Cole and Lisa are BFFS the Hanlon family has to go move to Columbus, Ohio. Obviously we don't want them so far away but I really want Lisa close to help watch the boys. I think Kristin and I may have to have her live with us for a couple months.









On a sadder note, I thought I would just mention that my Camry has finally had enough. It needs about $1,200 or so in repairs, which seems like a lot for a 1999 with about 186,000 miles, a broken window, broken door handle, broken A/C and heater, bald tires and well, the list goes on and on. It was such a good car for so long I had kind of started to hope that Cole could have it when he got his license.



No comments:

Post a Comment