Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pulling your weight...all 30 pounds

I always thought that a great benefit of having kids was that they could do stuff for me. I think it eased my mind about the expense and responsibility that comes with reproducing. Like, "Hey, at least I get a little slave out of the deal." It has been a long hard wait. As you know, babies are not capable of much and are the opposite of helpful.  Now that Cole is getting older he can finally start helping out around the house a bit. A couple weekends ago, he finally started to pull his weight.

First, after a trip to Target, Cole carried bags from the car to the house, then into the kitchen and even put away the soda. He dropped many though, so we had to be careful opening everything.

Cole destroyed the Target shopping cart with a blueberry scone and milk.

He likes to admire his work after putting away the soda.

I was also having Cole help me out with some yard work, but I think Kristin may put a stop to this. She did not think it was as humorous as I did, finding Cole in the shed with a sharp gardening tool and some gasoline...all that's missing is a Miller Lite.

Hopefully Cole will start doing some real heavy lifting and once Henry starts walking I'm sure I can find some chores for him. I'm definitely looking forward to doing less and having the kids do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment