Monday, October 17, 2011

The Most Hurt Feelings in the World

My feelings have never been more hurt than they were the other morning. Cole just finished breakfast and wanted to play. I believe he was looking forward to drawing on his Magna Doodle. I was leaving for work, so I wanted some attention from the boys. I tried to pick Cole up to say goodbye and he, of course, got mad and wanted nothing to do with me. I tried to say bye again and give him a quick hug and kiss. He got angry, then grabbed me by my thumb and walked me out of the play room, to the kitchen, and all the way to the front door where he said "Bye Dad!" and started to shut the entryway door (assuring I would not return to the main part of the house and disrupt his fun). I just can't believe he would not want to hang out with me. I'm fun. The joke will be on him when he's paying for his own bike with training wheels...there are penalties for hurting Dad's feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment