Monday, October 3, 2011

Kristin's Weekend Nightmare

My idea of an awesome weekend definitely differs from Kristin's idea of a good time. It was a huge Wisconsin sports weekend; Kristin's nightmare started on Saturday and ended late on Sunday. The start of the weekend wasn't great, on our morning walk to the hardware store, Cole punched me in the eye. I was already fatigued because I was wearing Henry in the Bjorn and Cole decided he also wanted me to carry him. My reflexes weren't the greatest and he got me pretty good.The plus side is that I'm happy he doesn't punch like his mother and I'm thrilled to say he hits much harder than our friend Brett "Lilly" Hood. Notice in his latest blog update he is pictured reading a fashion magazine. Since super sports weekend was slated to start shortly after Cole gave me a shiner, the day quickly shaped up.


Game 1 - Brewers vs. D-Backs: The first inning I almost crapped myself, but luckily Braun has a hell of an arm and made the throw to home plate. Otherwise, as we all know, the game was great. Kristin made me hold Henry much of the game and feed him, which wasn't too distracting but I almost gave him a couple baby heart attacks while cheering, especially when Fielder smacked his homer in the 7th. Henry cried pretty good after that one.

After the game we made a quick trip to Old Navy. Cole has been walking around like the 100 year flood is right around the corner. It's getting cold and we don't want frozen ankles, so we ran out and bought him some new pants. He's getting pretty big. Hard to believe he will be two soon.

Game 2 - Wisconsin vs. Nebraska: Wow!

Before the games on Sunday, the boys and I (sans Kristin) went out to brunch for Jessie's 22nd birthday. We went to the Wicked Hop and ordered the Bloody Mary boot. I highly recommend it; although you do have to stand up to drink it. If you think that is too hard, just remember my Grandma could handle it, so don't be a baby.



Games 3 and 4 - Packers vs. Broncos and Brewers vs. D-Backs:  I would have preferred if the games were not on at the same time as it lead to my biggest dilemma of the weekend...what to wear? How does a fan support both teams at once? And how would I dress the boys?


I chose to support both - Packer long sleeve with Brewer short sleeve on top. Henry has a sweet Packer sweatsuit with football booties and Cole supported the Brewers. Kristin refused to wear anything "team gear," she said it makes her feel sick. I have no more words about that (at least that I can write on a family friendly blog).

The games being on at the same time did set up nicely for a kid free outing, which nowadays is always appreciated. And it saved me from the hassle of trying to set up two TVs in the living room. Thanks to my mother for taking the kids, so Kristin and I could go out and watch the Packers put a hurtin' on Denver and the Brewers take another one at home for a Wisconsin 4-0 weekend record. I did have to listen to the final out of the Brewers game in the car as we had to race to pick up Henry. I think once he gets tired all he wants is his mother; although Grandpa John did a good job settling him down while we were in route to pick up the screaming baby.

Ben was also home all of last week and Kristin and the boys got to spend all of today with him before they dropped him at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment