Monday, October 10, 2011

Go Brewers!


Sorry to bore you with another sports post, but I just felt the need to say something about the NLDS Game 5 on Friday night against the Arizona Diamondbacks - It was the best sporting event I've ever attended. Enough said. Actually, I will give Jason Hansen a nod for the best celebration - when he ripped his towel right in half. I don't think he would normally have the strength, but the adrenaline was pumpin'. It was much better than Tim Sullivan and I embracing in a man hug for what some may consider an awkwardly long time. Although, it was probably not as weird as Tim's long hug with a total stranger next to him. Miller Park was crazy and loud, so it all seemed okay and appropriate. My hands hurt from all the high fives. I even have bruises on my shins from hitting the seats during the celebration and trying to make it a seat over to hug Joe Kroner (the other member of our group that night). I got goose bumps overhearing a man in the bathroom after the game telling his zitty faced teen, "Someday you will tell your grand kids about this game." So true. I can't wait to tell Cole and Henry all about it.


I also scored a free ticket to the NLCS Game 1 on Sunday against the hated St. Louis Cardinals. I owe Dustin Schilz for this one. Although, I hear he owes me since Henry and his daughter Zoey are apparently getting married. I will take it out of his future dowry.



No comments:

Post a Comment