Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015!

Certainly not my favorite day, but we did have some family fun over Valentine's Day weekend. Normally, I would not do anything for Kristin (for a variety of reasons), but I had both my mother and the mother-in-law telling me about prices of flowers at the grocery store, so after Cole's swimming lesson I took the boys to Pick 'N Save. Cole picked out some red roses. I know Kristin doesn't like these, but he was pretty excited about them so I let it slide. Then I let the boys each pick one thing for Kristin. Henry picked out some Ginger Snaps. He was positive Krisitn would love them, he even claimed they were her favorite. Then Henry grabbed some jello. Then Cole wanted to get Kristin jello, so I talked them down from two rainbow jello molds to just one jello mold and the Ginger Snaps. We also got some of Kristin's favorite cheeses and crackers (I like these too). And then, to spoil Kristin and to get the grandmas off my back (and because I really wanted popcorn) we stopped at the gourmet popcorn shop and got some sour cream and chive and sea salt and vinegar popcorn. Pretty good. The boys picked out some fruity flavored popcorn. Not great.

On Saturday we also went to a Charlie Brown play. I thought this was being put on by a High School, but turned out it was a Middle School play. One of the weirder activities I've ever participated in. The boys seemed to enjoy it though. Although, throughout the entire show they constantly asked for food. We were pretty excited when it ended because our entire bag of snacks was gone. Henry even busted out an orange during the play. I'm just happy they were not too loud during it.

Below are the weekend pics. We recently bought a camera because our phone pictures suck and, of course, every pic I took over the weekend was with my phone.


Yum! Kristin didn't even have a bite. The kids did enjoy it though.

I think everyone got spoiled. Looks like Christmas up in here. 



God damn that's romantic!!!


Homemade S'mores courtesy of Cole's teacher, Mrs. Peterson. They weren't quite sure how to handle all that gooey marshmallow goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment