Friday, February 13, 2015

Family Fun Night

Cole and Henry's school had Family Fun Night on Wednesday. The kids put on a show, there were treats, a disco room, and plenty of activities (play-doh, stickers, painting). Kristin and I always hate these things because we are not very sociable. Kristin's probably better than I am. Cole was definitely excited. On the way into school he was already saying, "This is the best night ever!" This cruel world we live in is going to destroy this poor kid. He is way too nice and sweet.

Anyway, this Family Fun Night was especially bad for me, Kristin was in Cole's room and I was with Henry. While Henry's class was showing all the parents some artwork stuff, I tried to sneak off into Cole's room to see what kind of show his class was putting on. As I walked by, Amy knocked a little cup-thing on the ground. I am usually not too nice to Amy and wasn't going to pick it up for her, but she was holding a baby so I thought I should be nice to her, just this once. Sadly, my ass hit an easel when I bent over and it went down with a crash. Paint, glitter, confetti-looking stuff went everywhere and it was super loud. Pretty embarrassing, but luckily I've done worse. Certainly the last time I help a lady with a baby.

They boys had a lot of fun though. Not sure it was the best night ever, but kids just love to run around and chase each other. Pretty funny. I'm not sure how their teachers manage, but that's their career choice problem. I couldn't deal with all those kids for more than a week.

Henry is definitely one of the wild ones, but one kid seems to be even a notch crazier than Henry. The parents tried to dress him up real nice, but it's not fooling anyone. That kid is crazy.

This is Henry getting up from a dive on the ground. He was the only one to hit the floor. I don't think it was part of the routine.


Looks like Hen's shirt might be too small



He says, "Mom and Dad are special because they make the best dinner, lunch and breakfast." This is not true.

Apparently Cole and Henry missed each other because Henry missed school that day, so they decided to hold hands on the way home. Brotherly love! I'm calling Jer!


Kristin took some phone pics of Cole's class performance, but they all suck. We decided to just post one, especially since they also all look the same.


We don't talk about her much, but Bella is still with us. She is still having anxiety problems and the thunder shirt didn't really help, but she can still get some air.



Not bad for a 9 year old pup. 

2 comments:

  1. You should have contacted us prior to this post, Dustin quickly turned his camera from Zoey to you and captured some action shots of your easel destruction. Also, you forgot to mention that in true 3 year old fashion you tried to scamper away as if nothing happened right after it went crashing down

    ReplyDelete