Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Certified Acheivements

We previously mentioned that Cole recently completed a couple soccer camps. The kids all got a certificate at the end. Some kids even got special awards, but Cole did not receive any of those. Maybe next time. Below is his first certificate. Besides Cole's color job, I really like that it is certified, with signatures, that he did an awesome job. I'm not sure why he decided to color it, but maybe he'll get a certificate for that too. I'm hoping these turn into some big MVP trophies someday, but sadly I doubt that Kristin and I gave the kids the required genes for such achievements.


Coincidentally, I was looking for Kristin's birth certificate and found some other types of certificates that Kristin was awarded as a youth. It is exactly what you would expect to find when it comes to Kristin. Not trophies, not even ribbons. I found an entire folder of the 'thanks for showing up' type certificates (as well as some A+ papers). Admittedly, I don't have a huge display case at home or anything, but this just seemed so Kristin. Lately, I have actually been ripped on because I have been touting that I almost got all A's once, in high school. Kristin and my mother don't think it counts because really I got all B+'s, but I still contend a B+ is almost an A.

A special good effort award - she has a good handful of these. The special makes me think it was her gym class, but no way she would have received a good effort star.

Congrats, you began and ended girl scouts. Apparently you didn't even have to try or do awesome. 


We knew this would be in there.

Looks like she completed her dog training. Bella has the same certificate.


I had the same exact haircut as this little boy (a.k.a. Kristin) in 1st grade. 

To be fair, at some point I will post some of my not-so-flattering youth pictures. There are many.

No comments:

Post a Comment