Monday, April 1, 2013

Dad Easter Day, Mom Sick

Kristin ended up waking up Easter morning with the flu so I was solo on the Easter celebration. She was well enough to come downstairs and watch Cole and Henry run around looking for the Easter eggs, baskets and presents we hid before going back to bed for the day.  Cole had a lot of fun and got super excited everytime he found one of the 17 eggs we hid. We decided to lay off the candy and just filled the eggs with money. They didn't seem to mind and Cole thinks he has enough for college now. I wish.

In prepping for Easter, I think Kristin and I made a very ridiculous parenting move. Earlier that day Cole helped me at the apartment building and he left his little green bug toy he got from a McDonald's happy meal. I don't even think he likes this thing very much, but that night before bed we were talking about the Easter Bunny and he said (in his saddest voice) that he really hoped the Bunny would bring him another bug toy. SO of course I ended up driving back out there to pick it up so we could put it in his Easter basket. He was very sad about losing it. I tried just going to McDonald's to buy one but of course they switched toys. I am sad to report he was only happy it was in there when we specifically pointed it out. I was hoping for a much bigger reaction. You can see the stupid bug in the first picture below, such a waste of gas.






Henry had a rough morning because all the Easter hunting just delayed his breakfast which he demands upon waking


I'm sure we will regret this purchase as soon as someone gets a golf club to the head.

Mini bag set. I'm excited for this one.



  
 
 
Cole insisted on using his finger paints from his Easter basket right away.
  

Henry ate a good amount of orange paint. I'm pretty sure it's non-toxic.

I took the boys to the Venice Club for an Easter buffet. Thanks to Great Grandma Dorothy for picking up the tab. Cole and Henry spent a lot of time running around and crawling under the table, which made catching a picture very difficult.

You can tell Kristin was too sick to care that I let Cole pick out his Cars shirt for Easter brunch

No comments:

Post a Comment