Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mornings

I leave for work before Cole and Nick are even awake. This means, 4 days a week, Nick is responsible for getting himself ready and Cole fed, dressed and out the door. While I do not love getting up and to work before everyone is out of their snuggly beds, I do not envy this task! Nick does it better and more efficiently then I ever could. I would waste time trying to quick unload the dishwasher or by doing a load of laundry. I would always be late to work and asking Nick's Mom to come pick Cole up at my office because I didn't allot for enough time to drop him off first.

Nick is also the best at this because he sends me pictures of Cole getting ready in the morning (as detailed above, I would never have time to do this). He started this the day I went back to work as a "cheer-me-up" and continued when he was home with Cole on Mondays. Now it has evolved into an almost daily email. Opening them each morning is one of the best parts of my day. Nick also sends quick messages with the pictures, detailing their morning.  Below are some of my favorites with the accompanying message.


"Hi Mom"

Mr. Crazy Eyes

Monday Pic

Time for a bath...

Hope his little face makes you feel better (referencing my giant hangover headache)

Running late so Cole is feeding himself

One more pic for the day

I have him in his baby blue sack, blue baby legs, and baby blue socks - looks like a total girl now.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the picture I sent of his giant dump isn't one of your favorites.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete