Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Busy with activities

The most exciting news of late...the boys take showers now. I think this is a pretty big step in life. It is nice for Kristin and I. Shower time is a lot easier and quicker than tub time. I'm greedy though, so I hope they also start to brush their own teeth and wipe their own asses soon. Surprisingly, I think I hate brushing teeth more than wiping butts...can that be true?

Luckily there are still these moments of increased independence. We are definitely starting to get busier and busier with kid activities. Luckily this should only last until they are 18. There is always something going on; Henry's gymnastics, Cole's soccer, swim lessons, Cole's homework and other life stuff like eating and sleeping. We recently felt bad because Cole missed out on this boy scout thing because he had soccer (and we kinda forgot about it).

So, here are some pics of the latest and greatest activities...

Henry is not big on doing organized activities, but he loves his gymnastics. 


I was on my own for Cole's first soccer game. This also goes down as the worst day of my life. He refused to play and was a super jerk. His teammates were really nice to him and he just pushed them away and wouldn't talk. I came very close to just punting his ball into the pond and going home. Somehow I managed to not do that. I can't say I completely kept my cool though. 

Luckily Cole played in his second game.


Playing with Henry's bug. It died soon after these photos. I'm not a bug doctor, but my guess is the bug starved. No one fed the thing so I think it is a pretty solid theory. 


A grape between two pieces of pepperoni. Yum. 

We need to add another bathroom ASAP.

Update:  Cole continues to participate in soccer according to his whims. It is turning out to be kind of a nightmare. Hen and I have nice hangouts though. He loves running with me on the path around the pond and then playing on all the rocks. Although, I'm sure he will fall soon and get hurt and then I will be in trouble.




This is probably only the second or third selfie I have ever taken. Is it still a selfie if someone else is in it? 

And finally, a very successful mushroom hunt with Normal Grammie and Grandpa.



Those are mushrooms, not white boulders

Speaking of Boulder, he is very much still alive and well and living quite the adventurous life in Hen's imagination. 


No comments:

Post a Comment