Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Holy S*@! I have a 5 year old

Kristin and I recently turned 35 and Cole turned 5. I am starting to feel old. Kristin and I even discussed watching 60 minutes and Dateline and enjoying them. Definitely a sign of old age. As I feel pretty horrible about 35, Cole on the other hand, was very excited and happy to be turning 5. He woke up on Saturday and claimed to be bigger and stronger (just so happens I woke up fatter and weaker thanks to our Thanksgiving dinner).

Thanksgiving was nice and we all enjoyed it. Surprisingly, I don't think I took any pictures though, so we will just jump to Sunday and Cole's birthday.

We had the family over for brunch, which I have now figured out is definitely just for college kids (and they just call it breakfast). Poor Cole had to wait until after 10:00 a.m. to start opening his presents. He did pretty well being patient. We also all got very hungry waiting for brunch to start.

Cole got a ton of presents. Looked like Christmas had come early in our living room. He got a lot of Hot Wheels and Lego stuff. We also took him to the pet store and let him pick out a goldfish. He named him Dusty. For a brief time he changed it from Dusty to Lamp, but luckily changed it back to Dusty.

This Saturday will be Cole's party with his school friends. We are going on a pizza factory tour at Palermo's. Should be fun.





Henry got three presents of his own, so I'm not sure why he seems to have an attitude.




Bampa impressed us all with his pancake skills and made Cole a special 5 pancake

Birthday donut/ice cream sundae (at 11am)

Again with the attitude Henry!


And this starts again. 

We also had our family pictures over the weekend. The kids did not do great, but we should at least get a Christmas card out of it. You can check them out here.

Some other recent pictures are below. I also wanted to share the new game Henry started to play recently:  Punch Fighting. It is exactly what it sounds like, a fist fight. He'll just call out "punch fight!"and then starts to throw down. There are apparently no rules as he challenged me to a punch fight and then proceeded to kick me in the nuts.



I bet dollars to doughnuts Grammie DJ made a comment about Cole being her little angel.



1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Cole! It sure looks like John Fuchs makes himself comfy at birthday parties :)

    ReplyDelete