Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Adult Time, Kids Missed (sort of)

I took off work last Friday because Kristin and I ditched the kids and went up North for some adult time (that is not meant to sound dirty) with friends. I quickly realized I would give my left nut to have Fridays off. I got to walk the kids to school, took care of some bills while watching the news (i.e. SportsCenter) and had some nice alone/quiet time and picked them up from school. It was a very nice, peaceful morning. I hope I get another one in the next few years.

We had fun up North. Judging by my barf, I had a little too much fun, and Kristin was too sick to even go to dinner on Saturday night (almost a full 24 hours later). We missed the boys; however, after the hug session that took place upon arriving home, it only took about 20 minutes to wish I was up North again. These kids fight a lot and are very loud.

Below are our latest pics.

Cole wanted us to buy him this tape measure so bad. He loves tape measures. 


Not the one he initially wanted, but for a reward for his good behavior throughout the week, he was awarded a tape.


This is how Henry suddenly popped out of the garage...sprinting with a raft on his head.

I didn't think this would happen, but we bought a ton of hooks, hung just about everything from the rafters and got both cars in the garage. 

The boys bothering me during the Packer game. 


Cole got a haircut and it looks like he got a built in yamaka.

Henry was mad, refusing to sleep but it didn't last long. He soon passed out next to his bed.

Walking to school

Henry was a complete grump after school and hid in this tree for awhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment