Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekend Work (and some fun too)

I spent a lot of time this past week planning for the Open Doors Milwaukee event on Saturday and Sunday. I had a jammed packed itinerary to see a ton of cool buildings, but it didn't go exactly as planned. I often plan awesome Fuchs family outings that the rest of the family ruins.

As you may recall, Kristin signed me up for the equipment guy position on the School Board, so instead of family fun we had family work on Saturday morning. We probably spent a good four hours doing more work at the boys' school than I have done on our own house in years. We trimmed a tree, hung a swing, re-hung a bulletin board, added sand to the sandbox and power washed all the play equipment. And we still have a trip to the dump to make for this coming Saturday. Nice work Kristin. At least we got to go to Home Depot for hot dogs (and nachos for Kristin).

Luckily, we were still able to do some of the activities I planned on Sunday.  We went to the U.S. Bank building and the State Street Bascule Bridge. We got all the way up to the 41st floor observation deck at the U.S. Bank building. The views were pretty cool. We then got to see the inside of the bridge operating booth area on the Milwaukee River and watched the bridge engineer open and close the bridge. Ha Ha to anyone stuck in traffic. There wasn't even a boat coming.

Afterwards we went to my parents' house to celebrate Aunt Jess and Boyfriend Dan's birthdays. From there the weekend ended poorly. I ate too much and felt sick, the Packers lost, I lost in both fantasy football leagues, Kristin won in fantasy football and Dexter had its last episode ever. It was a sad evening for me. 




Hanging out on the porch waiting for Kristin (ladies take forever). Henry insisted on taking a bag of "treasures." His so-called treasures are just whatever crappy toys he grabbed off the floor.




 



I would have thought a couple buttons and levers would suffice to make a bridge go up and down, but what do I know. Also, I stole this picture from the Internet.



(stolen pic)

(stolen pic)


Wipeout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment