Monday, September 16, 2013

Trucks!

A couple Saturdays ago we took the boys to the Town of Brookfield Fire Department and Public Works lot to check out their City and Safety equipment. The boys got to sit in all their favorite trucks; a dumper, a digger, an excavator, a tractor, police car, fire truck, and an ambulance. They even got to hold the fire hose. Near the end of the event Flight for Life flew in low and landed and the kids were able to explore the helicopter below. Their constant favorite books are Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site and The Little Blue Truck series - so this was beyond cool for them to see their favorites from the books.

On a side note, I have been noticing lately how much talking to the boys all the time really changes how I speak. I often find myself talking in a much softer, gentler tone than necessary. After Henry used the fire hose, I turned to the firefighter and in my best 7 year girl voice said, "thank you." I constantly tell Cole to use his big boy voice. I guess I need to take some of my own advice.




Looks like we will cross Fire Fighter off possible career moves for Kristin. She can't even get out of the truck.



Hopefully the last time Cole will be trapped in a police car.










This Street Sweeper was a favorite and turned out to be the only truck locked. Thankfully everyone was too exhausted to tantrum about it. 

1 comment:

  1. I see this event or something similar in the Kroner future. :) I like The Little Blue Truck. I didn't know it was a series, I will need to look into this for John however within the last week I just keep thinking maybe for Christmas, like John cares or knows?! I think "maybe for Christmas" is so ingrained in my head from being little!

    ReplyDelete