Monday, March 11, 2013

Potty Training - Part 2 (2-28-13) -- FAIL

The second day of potty training went much like the first - Cole constantly refusing to drink or sit on the potty. He had one accident, and initiated a bathroom trip on his own only once. Then before his bath he had another accident...and that night before bed he was fixated on telling us how much he "just doesn't like his underpants." The next morning he woke up and immediately declared he was wearing a diaper and that his "undies hurt him."  So I caved - staying home for 2 straight days constantly eagle eyeing Cole for any signs of pee is exhausting. I don't hate changing diapers and he is obviously not interested in it. I figure if I have to physically wrestle him to sit on the potty there is probably not a lot of opportunity for learning happening in that moment.  Maybe I'm just making excuses? Oh well, either way we are both happier with him in a diaper. I will try again soon - when Nick takes a day off to join me in potty training misery.



He initiated using the potty right after this picture and I thought it was going to be easy from there on out


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! This is one of the most stressful things to go through. All of a sudden one day he will get it :)

    ReplyDelete