Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mean Boys and an Uncle Ben Weekend

Cole has been super mean to me this past week. I have no idea why. I come home from work, excited to see the boys and Cole will shut his door and start talking shit. The last barrage of smack talk went as follows:

     "No Daddy"

     "I don't like you"

     "Daddy's not my best friend"

     "I'm going to kick you"

     "I'm going to smack you in the nose"

I was further disappointed over the weekend when Cole refused to go to the Auto Show with me. I was looking forward to it. Maybe next year if Cole decides we can be friends again.

Henry wasn't an angel all weekend either. Cole abused me mentally and Henry physically. We were all hanging out in Cole's room when I decided to shut my eyes for a little bit of rest. Next thing I knew I was drilled in the temple with a small wooden toy truck of some sort. It hurt bad. My jaw is still sore. Then at the grandparent's house, Henry made a run for the stairs (going down). As I went after him I hit my knee on the door frame. Judging from the sound I'm lucky to only have a slight limp.

Luckily enough it was a busy weekend and I was able to get away from the bullying Friday night and had some assistance to keep the boys occupied throughout the weekend. The weekend was filled with family Stear time as Ben was visiting from Philly and Grammie DJ celebrated a birthday, so we clocked many hours with them. Friday night Aunt Jess and BF Dan watched the boys and we enjoyed a kid-free meal at Smyth at the Iron Horse. It wasn't that good but not having kids hanging on us and being able to eat food while it was still hot was good enough.





Sunday we all gathered once again for Uncle Ben's last day in town and Normal Grammie's bday.
We relaxed and brunched...brunched WAY too much.


Cole had fun cracking eggs and did a pretty good job


Playing in Cole's room. He called this his stage. He's in there somewhere.

He would then pop out and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He watched a Blue's Clues that morning where they did a musical. Must have made quite an impression on him.


1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad Nick, Charlotte does the same thing to Joe. And you guys look so nice when you were out to dinner. Hope to go to brunch with you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete