Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Vacation Day Refund

I took off work last Friday and it turned out to be a bummer of a day. I would like my vacation day back! We had big plans to try and get some chores/errands done and then hit up Discovery World for some family fun.

We got delayed from the very start. There has been a cat bothering us for weeks now. It comes up on our porch and begs to come in our house, which of course makes Bella go nuts. I've been meaning to catch it to call the owner.


As we were walking out the door on Friday morning, the cat came walking up. I grabbed it and we called the owner. After the owner told us it was an indoor/outdoor cat and everything is fine, I "kindly" explained that everything is not fine because his stupid cat hangs out on our porch and bothers our dog, which in turn wakes up our sleeping children at times. I got frustrated and ended the conversation hastily. I assumed it was over until the dumb lazy hippie cat owner (I am just assuming here, I actually don't know anything about this person) tried to engage me in a text fight.

First text from cat owner
Second, somewhat friendlier text from cat owner




















Apparently he wants us to spray his cat with water if she bothers us? Like we don't have enough going on with the the 2 kids and dog...now when the cat appears Kristin is supposed to step outside and perform some behavior modification tricks on this damn cat? Surprisingly since my the text fight we haven't seen the cat...

We then got really delayed. We had an 8:30 a.m. appointment to get our new (well, new to us)
mini-van detailed. The guy apparently slept in, or forgot, or who the hell knows. We called and he said he would be there in 20 minutes. At around 9:30 a.m. the loser still hadn't showed and we called him and told him to forget it. He later called back and didn't even apologize, just wanted to let us know the shop was now "open." No comments on the fact that our appointment was at 8:30am and he was calling a good 2 hours later.

We ended up running a few quick errands and got home for a late nap attempt that didn't go well. Neither Cole or Henry cooperated. As I listened to them not napping in their cribs I was thinking I would rather have been at work the way this crap vacation day was turning out.

In the afternoon we finally did end up getting the car detailed so at least something was checked off my list. While the car was getting cleaned we walked over to Whole Foods for dinner. This trip was okay, except the lady making Kristin's sandwich decided to make it how she wanted instead of what Kristin told her she wanted. I knew we had weathered a day full of disappointments when Kristin just shrugged when she found onions on her sandwich (she HATES onions).

The one thing I really wanted to do on my vacation day, Discovery World, never happened. Hopefully next time. Enough complaining from me.

As I was writing this Cole was building with blocks in the kitchen. Apparently his block house kept falling apart and all I heard was "Damn it. Oh, damn it" over and over. I got a quick video (the "damn its" start at about :55 into the video. Of course they were not as reoccurring once I got my phone out.). For the record, this one is on Kristin.


Today while driving home from music class he entertained Kristin with a few "oh fucks" while they waited in traffic. We really need to get our potty mouths under control!


No comments:

Post a Comment