Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Apple Holler and Ikea and Mars Cheese Castle, Oh My!

Yesterday I took off work so we could have a Fuchs Family Fun day and now I feel I need to take another day just to rest. We did a lot; we left the house around 9:00 a.m. and returned around 6:30 p.m.,  just in time for bath and bed. We managed to fit in a trip to Apple Holler, Ikea and Mars Cheese Castle.

Getting ready to go

Apple Holler
Apple Holler was a pretty big success. No meltdowns and both boys seemed to have a lot of fun. We took a tractor ride, picked apples, met some goats and went on a hunt for the perfect pumpkin (never found). Cole went down a super big slide and navigated through a little barn maze all by himself. I was impressed, especially since his latest thing is being scared about everything.


After arriving, it took about 20 minutes in the parking lot to get situated. Kids are a pain...I mean fun.















 



Cole kept tyring to pick big pumpkins, but I told him he had to find one that was "Cole size"


Gettin close to a cole sized pumpkin, but he only made it about 10 feet with this one.



I feel bad I didn't let Cole go down by himself like he wanted. I need to toughen up. Plus, I could avoid pictures of me doing kid stuff. That would be nice.

Henry started humping this pumpkin
  
Finally one that was the right size...of course Cole immediately got his undies in a bunch about the fact that it was muddy


Ikea
Kristin was just at Ikea on Saturday, but apparently needed more baskets (and argued since we were already at Apple Holler and halfway there it would be silly NOT to go). We made a deal: If we went to Ikea, on our way home we could stop at Mars Cheese Castle for dinner, which is a favorite of mine. We walked through Ikea pretty quick as we were already getting pretty exhausted. In total, I think Kristin only exceeded her Ikea budget by $100. That is really not bad for her. Cole made a girlfriend while playing in the toy area and talked about her most of the way home.

Mars Cheese Castle
At this point in the journey, I was going to be okay skipping the Cheese Castle but Cole really wanted to go to a restaurant. So of course whatever he wants he gets (just kidding, kinda). I got my bloody mary. Delicious. Surprisingly, even with no nap, the kids didn't have any meltdowns. Cole refused most of his dinner so per usual Henry ate the dinner of two children. 

Finally Home!
We finally made it home and after a good scrubbing got the boys to bed. Somehow we found the energy to rearrange some furniture and I even started to draft this blog. I knew we were tired when Kristin asked if it was midnight and it was actually 7:45 p.m.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day! Love that Henry eats the leftovers. That's how it is in our house too!

    ReplyDelete