Thursday, May 17, 2012

Love Shack

I often get very excited and happy when Cole says he loves me, and then he will say, "Come here" and hold his arms out for a hug. He will also tell you what he wants you to say while you are sharing a hug; he will pat you on the back and say, "I love you my boy." Regardless of his rules, it is a great feeling, albeit it doesn't last very long . Cole will quickly remind you that this is not an exclusive club. I feel much less important when I see him taking all of his nuks to his chin and saying "I love you my nuks." Lately I have seen him do this with some pretty insignificant items, like his milk cup. Oh well, I guess I can still be happy I'm not the one thing excluded.

Cole hugging his purple Weebles treasure chest

As you can see from the Cole quotes above, there is a lot of love going around the Fuchs house. I am getting a little worried there may be too much love stuff happening. Cole is a very sweet boy and Kristin is a girl, so often there is quite a love fest going on with hugs and kisses and "I love you" talk. It is getting pretty gross and I am concerned it will have some negative effects on the children. Will too much love affect their toughness? Will their athletic careers be damaged? I don't know for sure, but it seems possible. Before Cole was born I said that I was going to stop hugging, kissing and hand holding at the age of two for this very reason. I know I can kick the habit, but I'm sure it will be a challenge to get Kristin to take the "love" down a notch, but it's for the children so how can she refuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment