Monday, April 9, 2012

Baby Proofed?

We thought our house was pretty safe for kids to crawl around/live in. At least most of the rooms we hangout in; the playroom, our bedrooms and the family room. I wouldn't guaranty safety anywhere else but also wouldn't consider them dangerous. A few incidents this weekend got me thinking...the first injury luckily happened to me but it could have easily been a child. I was laying on the playroom rug, playing with Cole and noticed a piece of glass sticking out of my knuckle. It was as tiny as could be but still could have done a number to poor Henry's face or eye and Cole's bare feet. We just can't figure out where the glass came from because we vacuum weekly and have never broken a glass in the room.

The second incident, resulting in this post, occurred in Henry's room. We were all playing on the floor and noticed Henry sucking on an inch long screw. Yikes, I have no idea where it came from but it was definitely scary. I am seriously wondering what else could be laying around this house (besides shards of glass and random screws). Maybe we have some knives, guns or cocaine somewhere readily accessible to our children. My confidence is shaken on the safety and baby-proofing done in this house.

I'm also a little concerned that this is definitely not our first post which brings our parenting skills into question. Good luck boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment