Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Keeping Busy

I don't know what is going on, but we have had a couple HORRIBLE mornings. We have gone through our same routine, but Cole has been quite difficult to say the least. He just screams and cries about everything. He asks (screams) for something, and you give it to him, just to have him push it away or grab it and chuck it. The first morning this behavior started, Cole went down for an 8:30 a.m. nap and we were convinced he was experiencing a psychotic break. Hopefully this won't continue.

In the midst of all the crying around here between Cole and Henry, I now constantly hear phantom crying. Similar to when you think your phone is vibrating or ringing. I just always think I hear someone crying. I'm a little worried I'm going nuts with these two little ones.

On a happier note, we had a pretty good weekend. On Sunday we saw all the grandparents. First we went to the Stear's, so family friend Margaret, who lives in Alabama, could meet the boys. She gave Cole a set of balls, which he loves and now tries to carry all three of them at once...not easy when your Cole's size. I'm looking forward to reenacting some of the upcoming Aaron Rodger touchdown passes with him and his new football. I just watched the ESPN 2010 Green Bay Packer season highlights and almost cried. I can't wait for this season. I'm just hoping the boys will watch the games with me. Well, they'll have to if they want to hang out with Dad on Sundays. (I'm also enjoying this Brewers seasons, but haven't tried to make Cole watch a game.)  We finished the day out at the Grand-Fuchs's home and saw some cousins (Lisa, Walt and Ellie), Jer and Karla, and Great Grandma Dorothy. Kristin told me her mom would have a lot of snacks, which she didn't, so I was happy to see my mom had a nice spread for dinner. Grandma Debbie was able to put some last minute snacks together though, so in the end we had a lot of good food (Thanks DJ). The best part of the evening was leaving my parent's house without a trip to the ER (we were all quietly nervous as Cole got in his jammies and was playing around before we got in the car...seemed too similar to our last large family gathering.)

On Monday, we took the extra day off to relax and have a little family fun. We took a walk down the block to a playground. Cole really enjoyed walking across the wood bridge. Although, the most fun for him was just picking up and throwing wood chips. Woohoo! Henry was happy in the Bjorn as long as Kristin continuously lightly smacked his ass...puts him to sleep everytime.

We also managed to hit up two BBQ's over the weekend at the Schilz's and Kroner's. It's always nice to see friends nowadays. Good food and beer always makes it better.

On the Henry front (neglectful honorable mention), he is doing awesome. We always thought Cole was such a good baby, and he was, but Henry is definitely taking the cake. He is always smiling and cooing, and now that he is sleeping through the night I like him even more. Below are some random pictures of our weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment