Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Learning Process

Watching Cole do new things makes me see the learning process in a new light. He seems like a smart kid and has a big vocabulary for his age, but watching him try stuff out (i.e. experiment) is interesting...He will do "stupid" acts over and over again while figuring out the situation. His latest moment was putting his foot in a little bowl and getting it stuck. I found him bent over with his hands and head on the floor and butt up in the air. He started to panic and scream, so I quickly unstuck his foot. Once unstuck, he instantly tried to jam his foot back into this little bowl. I guess he's just thinking, "Hmmm. Wonder if that will happen again?" Only Henry watches with curiosity, the rest of us know, "Yes, you will get your foot caught again, fall down and probably need more stitches."

Cole also tried to fit his body into his little drum. Yep, the drum is maybe a 1/3 of his size...not going to happen. Kristin recently had to get him unstuck from between the couch and side table. I guess I will give him credit that he at least did fit into this crevice.

I'm sure we will continue to see Cole (and Henry) attempt, what Kristin would consider, highly extreme and dangerous experiments to see how things work. If the boys can keep themselves out of the hospital it should be fun to watch.

Cole found something to lean on so he could try to get two feet in the bowl

We took both ends off the drum to give him a chance

I'm in!

No comments:

Post a Comment