Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day Weekend


We had a pretty hectic Father's Day weekend and I will spare you most of the details. I got my present from Cole (I suspect Kristin helped) on Saturday. I was pretty excited they went with the most classic Father's Day present imaginable...the tie. As if the classic present wasn't good enough, my tie has pictures of Cole all over it. Pretty sweet.


Sadly Sunday started out with cleaning out an apartment at our rental building. My first Father's Day morning was spent moving furniture and cleaning up the mess left behind by evicted tenants. The kicker was cleaning out a fully stocked refrigerator that had been shut off for two weeks. One of the worst smells ever smelt.

Luckily Father's Day did get better from there with a pontoon trip and dinner at the Horny Goat Hideaway. Really cool place with mostly outdoor seating. Warning: my brother ordered the "dead heat" wings and with one bite he lit up like a Christmas tree. I took only a little lick of the sauce and it was so bad I would have drank out of the Milwaukee River. These things are not even edible. DO NOT TRY THEM! Even if you think you like hot stuff there is no way you can eat these. Jeremy tried every remedy available and I am sure he is still in pain. Although don't mention it to him because he gets mad if we talk about it.


Three generations

Happy belated Father's Day to Cole's awesome Grandpas and Uncles. He is a lucky little man.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't hear about this tie, sweet Kristin! Drinking out of the Milwaukee river, you've done that right?!

    ReplyDelete