Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Busy Weekend

The Fuchs clan had a pretty busy weekend...

On Friday, we (and by “we” I mean me) put together Cole's highchair. He is not quite strong enough or big enough to go in it, but all he wants to do is be upright. We have our fingers crossed this will entertain him long enough for us to quickly eat dinner or change a load of laundry. It is on wheels so he gets a kick out of us playing "catch" by shooting him back and forth in the dining room playroom.


Saturday we loaded up our stroller and walked down to the Lake for some swimming at the Milwaukee Yacht Club. Cole had a couple laughs but overall it is very hard to tell if he is having fun. He maintains a very neutral look on his face while he swims. Maybe this means he is going to take swimming very seriously. I don’t know. Kristin disagrees with me, but I am fairly certain he started to kick a little and even paddled with his hands. I think she just doesn't want to admit that a 6 month old may be far more athletic than she.




After the Yacht Club, Kristin and I ditched Cole at Grandma Chris’s house and went to Verge Fest at the Summerfest grounds. We saw Cold War Kids, Rogue Wave, and Weezer. It poured almost the entire night and got pretty windy. We thought about not even going but after some rummaging in our closet for rain coats (from 7th Grade no less...Kristin said she would DIE if she saw anyone she knew) we sucked it up, got soaked and ended up having a lot of fun. Weezer was awesome.



Sunday we went to pick up Cole and visited with my parents for a bit. Then we headed to Stear's to visit Kristin’s Aunt Sue and Cousin Rob. Cole and I then met my parents on the pontoon. Sadly, I had to deal with more rain. Instantly after docking the boat, it stopped raining, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. Figures.


After the boat we went to AJ Bombers to try the burgers. This restaurant  is all the buzz in Milwaukee because they have recently been featured on the Travel Channel's Food Wars against another Milwaukee favorite, Sobelman's. AJ Bombers was fine but I vote Sobelman's for the win. Kristin has eaten a Sobelman's burger and said it was delicious...enough said.



The weekend ended with Cole laying on his changing table and getting into his jammies, we were smiling and laughing. Then, out of nowhere, he projectile vomited straight in the air and into my eye. I could smell the formula puke from my eyeball. It was awful and I suspect he did it on purpose.

Stay tuned for next weekend's update. Kristin tells me we are getting Cole's 6 month pictures taken and I have to be in some...and smile. This is going to turn out horribly.

1 comment:

  1. I like how Kristin has her pinky out while holding her beer and getting soaked. Very fancy!

    ReplyDelete