Friday, December 31, 2021

December 2021

December:  Christmas tree and Christmas decorations, St. Nick, gingerbread houses, bowling, and we'll touch on Christmas and New Years Eve in the next few posts. 

The ice rink has been a disaster this year. We tried shoveling it after it snowed, but it ended up not being frozen enough, so now it is all bumpy. Repairs are not going well. It's a nightmare. Hopefully at some point in 2022 we'll be able to go skating. I'm sure I'll complain more in future posts. 

Otherwise, December was good...

Not sure he is actually listening to anything

Second year with the rink and second year I will have to fill it for a second time because a panel came loose. 

Cole's 5th grade graduation/birthday present came. He now has an iPhone. And he thinks he's pretty cool. 


Max and Cole ate that entire bag of Skittles. 



They look so guilty. I wonder what they put in this snack mix.

St. Nick remembered to come on the correct day this year. I still can't get over he was a day early once. Oops. 




An in-person school event! Amazing. I believe it was the first school band concert in 2 years. They were surprisingly good. I obviously couldn't just hear Cole, but I didn't know he could even play songs so it was pretty cool. However, getting him to wear a white shirt and black pants was not cool. Even though literally every kid was going to be wearing the same thing it was still a battle. Well not quite literally thanks to the one kid in the blue shirt. Wtf blue shirt parents.  















Remember planking. That was a weird phase of the world. 


Gus broke this camera with about 2 minutes of having it. I guess I shouldn't give a camera to a four year old. 





The ice rink has been quite a challenge this year. I nearly broke my hand hammering in stakes to secure the rink and lights. (It was worse than it looks in the picture. I swear). 

I love the lights under the tarp. Great addition this year. 

Volcano making. Finally they come up with something cool to do while bored, instead of asking for video games. 



May not look impressive, but it takes quite the commitment to color in this entire screen.

Charlotte (and Unlce B and Aunt Kim) came to visit


Going up to the second floor of Menards is always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment