Saturday, October 7, 2017

Wildlife Prairie Park

Found this blog post in the draft pile. I'm not sure why we never posted, but here it is...

We took a little weekend trip in August to Wildlife Prairie Park in Hanna City, IL with a stop in Rockford. Well, and a surprise stay in Peoria. We'll get to that.

We left Friday and stayed at a hotel in Rockford, so the boys could go swimming. They really love when we do this and are both getting very good at swimming. We then swam in the morning and went to the Wildlife Prairie Park...it's a State Park in Illinois that has animals and hiking and stuff.

We got to the park and did a train ride and some walking around. It was a bit disappointing. They don't have a lot of animals and not a ton to do. Their butterfly house had literally one butterfly. To be fair, I think people do a lot of hiking and walking around and we brought a pregnant lady.

I thought a really cool part of the trip would be staying overnight in a caboose. Sadly, the caboose wasn't quite up to Kristin standards, so after some park fun we went to a Target to get some sheets and a fan. Upon returning to the caboose, it was too hot and Kristin decided she needed to go into town and stay in a hotel. Henry then got sad and convinced us all to keep the family together, so we packed up, left the caboose and headed to Peoria to get a hotel room.

We did go back to park the next day, but didn't do much. The boys really just wanted to go to the hotel and swim, so that's what we did.





My Instagram joke:  "16 miles my foot. He's right here." I suppose I could be funnier. 















Boys called this place Frog Paradise. I really have never seen so many frogs. It was crazy.



My joke on Instagram (stolen from Braveheart):  "Looks like their mom has been telling stories about me again."


  

No comments:

Post a Comment