Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's a nubby!

There is actually some news to report today. Some of you may have noticed that I put on a little weight lately, well now you know why:  Kristin is currently in the process of baking our third (AND FINAL) installment of the Fuchs family.

Kristin had her first ultrasound on Monday. Everything looks good thus far, hence breaking the news. We can't find out the sex yet, but you can predict with about 80% accuracy. Disgustingly enough, we apparently all start off with a nubby looking penis thing. Yes, even the girls (not just Jamie Lee Curtis). At 11-12 weeks this nub will be more vertical if it's a boy and horizontal if it is a girl. Below are examples and the third one is our ultrasound picture (Don't be fooled by the verbiage in the captions, I'm actually not a doctor).

Boy example with his future ding dong pointing up.

Girl example with her future hoo ha more horizontal.

Our baby. It's pretty horizontal, but its hard to believe that monster nub could turn into anything but a dong, so I'm still predicting a boy. 

Boy or Girl?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

I am also wondering if we are obligated to keep up this blog for the third kid? And if so, for how long?

When we showed Cole and Henry the above ultrasound picture, we asked them if they knew what was pictured. Cole guessed a frog and Henry guessed a cow. They have also had a lot of questions. We got a few variations of the dreaded "where do babies come from" or "how are babies made" questions. We ignore those since neither Kristin or I know how or are mature enough to answer. Cole has lots of questions, but seems to understand. Henry insists he will be able to have a baby in his tummy when he is older. I think his exact words were "when I am big I will go to the hospital and a baby will walk out of my tummy and then I will be a mommy!" I tried arguing with him, but finally gave up.

In other big news, I think hell has frozen over. It's at least pretty cold down there because Kristin got a job. Yep, a real, career oriented type of job. She will be trained and start working at Aurora St. Luke's as a Psychometrist. It's no doctor salary (man, why didn't I marry a doctor...), but it's a start. We are all very excited for her. I'm sure she is looking for some easy days at a job, opposed to trying to keep the peace with Cole and Henry all day. Although, now I am instantly worried about what we are going to do with the boys. I hope the grandma's are ready to babysit.

And finally, what would be a post without some kid pics (outside of their mother's body), so below are some recent photos. Cole has started soccer camp and Grammie bought him some pretty awesome soccer gear. Henry was not able to participate due to the fractured heel. Better luck next time, Big Hen.

Also, Cole got an infection. His knee is super gross. 

I zoomed in on a pic in case you wanted a close up of this disgusting mess of a knee. Yuck!





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! How exciting! I hope you are feeling well. Congratulations on the new job as well! It sounds like things are going well in the Fuchs household.

    Based on the nubby test I am going with girl! :) Due date?

    ReplyDelete