Thursday, November 15, 2012

Once Upon a Time

Ahhh, life before kids...I often think back to this time, which seems so long ago. It was such a simpler time. No responsibilities. No worries. The real kick in the pants was at the time I didn't realize how easy life was - I thought getting up for work and grocery shopping was tough stuff. A hangover was my biggest problem and getting the laundry folded was considered a busy day.

Once upon a time...
  • I didn't have to schedule hanging out with friends a minimum two weeks in advance to schedule babysitters
  • I actually hung out with friends.
  • I had time.
  • I had money.
  • I had time for myself.
  • I wasn't nervous waking up to see if I will be delayed due to a messy bout of diarrhea.
  • I loved my dog (just kidding Bella, kinda).
  • I walked my dog (sorry Bella).
  • I bought new clothes for myself.
  • I shopped at stores other than Target and Buy Buy Baby.
  • I went to bars to watch football games and yelled at the refs and clapped (now I whisper shout when games happen during nap time).
  • I watched TV as loud as I wanted without worrying I would wake a cranky child
Obviously Cole and Henry are worth missing out on all of the above. Unless they turn out to be criminals, then I will regret it all.



 
Hopefully this will be Henry's last picture shirtless behind bars.
 

Bella is super gross. That is dog drool by the way.


Henry looks like a pot bellied, balding old man
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment