Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Deep Thoughts

To be honest, this blog is a bit of a pain. We gave Cole a pretty well documented two years of his life, so we feel we have to keep it going for at least another year for Henry. If we ever have a third, it may have to learn that life isn't fair. Anyway, to accomplish the blogging task, I often just jot down some thoughts, which have been compiling for awhile now. Below are some more recent thoughts regarding our kids and parenting (and some random pics of course).

The Replacements
At times I feel that I have really created a bond with Cole and Henry. They get excited when I come home from work and they look to "Daddy" to take care of their wants and needs. It feels great, until I realize that I'm totally kidding myself and can be easily replaced. Actually, I think kids love to replace their usual old parents with anyone new. For example; Aunt Jess and boyfriend Dan did some babysitting for us. When we came home Dan was reading a book to Cole in his rocking chair before bed. I walked in Cole's room and expected Cole to jump down, run over and give me a hug and demand that I read to him and not this other guy. This did not happen. I got a "Hi Daddy," a wave and a "bye bye." Kristin and I felt stupid walking downstairs, sitting on the couch and waiting for Jess and Dan to put our kids to bed.



What a mess
Damn kids are messy. Or we are running a messy embarrassing house...maybe a combination of both. Kristin was changing Cole and found a piece of candy in the foot of his footie pajamas. Then, I was changing Henry and found a smooshed black bean in his belly button...As Cole likes to say, "What a mess."


Being slightly anal with the crayons at Barnes & Noble story hour
Oh My Hair
"My hair, my hair." We hear this all the time. Cole has the most sensitive hair in the world. If you touch his hair you get a big scream and he starts in on how much his hair hurt. The wind blew once and Cole started going on about how it hurt is hair. What a weirdo...


The forehead bandaid is back in action as Cole's favored fashion accessory

The smell of urine in the morning
I hope this is not just our kids because then I think we would need some new ones. Their bedrooms just reek of piss, and sometimes shit, in the mornings. It is horrible and stinks up the entire upstairs hallway. The smell even floats all the way in our bedroom, unless maybe that's just Kristin. They each have a Diaper Genie in their room, but they just do so much peeing at night their rooms smell like a pig farm. In summary, I'm looking forward to no more diapers.


Baby muscles
Yet another possible career - boy band
This is kind of long, but you get a taste of the next Justin Timberlake.

No comments:

Post a Comment