Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pink Eye City

I always knew this day would come and always hoped I would not be home when it happened. Unfortunately I was not only home but in charge of Cole when he decided to poop in the tub. I had just finished washing Cole and was letting him play in the tub while I got a jump on shaving off my Thanksgiving break beard.
I turned around and saw broken bits of turds all over and then two giant logs floated by. I screamed like a girl for Kristin. She came running and told me later she thought she was walking into another ER visit situation.  After calling for backup my first reaction was to laugh about it but then I realized we only have one tub, so cleanup was going to be difficult. I had to pick up Cole and hold him by the tub. We obviously didn’t want a boy covered in poo water running around the house. He was shivering since we yanked him out of a toasty warm bath but I was not in the mood for snuggling. Kristin grabbed a Dixie cup and started scooping out the big turds and tossing them in the toilet.  Henry’s bath chair and various tub toys had to be tossed in the bathroom sink for a run through the dishwasher later.  As Kristin got out the bleach I started to panic.  It started to feel like poop was everywhere. The tub, chair, sink, and anything in Cole’s limited reach, including my forearms. It was like the movie Outbreak and the poop particles went airborne. Kristin cleaned the tub and we got Cole re-bathed and in his jammies. Since I was holding Cole and he was all over my forearms I felt I needed to jump in the shower right away. I felt better after my shower, but I can’t shake the feeling that things, myself included, have poop on them. Then I start thinking if we missed just one spot cleaning it’s pink eye city. And I don’t want pink eye. I dread calling into work to tell them I literally got crap in my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment