Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BFF Breakup

Since Kristin is now home with the kids all the time (due to her second stint of unemployment), I can tell Cole is starting to like her more. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I may have to get myself laid off too. I know on a level playing field I can beat out Kristin. I'm funnier, stronger (so I can throw Cole around), and lax on the "rules."  Let me know if anyone knows of any job openings, so we can get Kristin back to work and I can get my BFF back.

Otherwise, not much new here. We still find ourselves very tired and very busy. In fact, yesterday I had to make myself some Garden Veggie Cream Cheese Turkey rolls for lunch, very fancy name for cream cheese on turkey slices. But that was all we had in the fridge. Luckily it wasn't a horrible combo.

I recently set up Cole with a new drawing area. It isn't anything fancy, but we are finally able to use the roll of paper machine thingy we got from Ikea a while back. I think Kristin must be rubbing off on me or I'm still feeling the effects of Cole's major fall because I took the time to sand all sides of the board and round the corners...just in case. Not something I would normally take the time to do.


Cole continues to "like" his brother. He wants to hug and kiss him. But if Henry is touching his blanket or in his personal space, Cole is not afraid to give him a nudge and tell him to move. Similar to the way he treats Bella. We are constantly telling him, "Be Gentle!!" This adorable look was quickly followed by Cole shoving an elbow in Henry's side and telling him to "move!"


Kissing

When Kristin is home alone she has to take the boys out to the car in 2 trips, usually Cole first because Henry is safe and sound trapped in his car seat. Cole doesn't like to leave Henry behind and will try to pick up the car seat and drag it towards the door while yelling, "da baby, da baby!" As if we might leave him behind...with Bella in charge.


"Da Baby, Mama!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment