Thursday, December 9, 2010

First Haircut

Cole just finished celebrating his last first holiday (Thanksgiving), but the FIRSTS still continue. He just received his first haircut. Kristin and I both agreed a haircut was necessary, Cole's hair was so long that it would stick out over his ears like Doc Brown from Back to the Future. However this was still pretty difficult for a couple reasons:

1) Cole, of course, would not sit still 
2) Kristin looked like she was going to cry, so I was dealing with two babies

I started the cutting and with every snip I could hear a little gasp come from Kristin’s mouth. Yeah, that wasn’t annoying at ALL. I wanted to chop quite a bit off, but Kristin wouldn’t have it and only allowed me to cut the back and around the ears. Actually, I only made it around one ear and then Kristin took over. I could tell she was really nervous watching me, so I let her finish up. She took a few very, very small cuts and was done.

Before

I try in the bathtub

After much discussion, Kristin takes over on dry hair

Terrified he looks silly

Ta-da!

Overall, I think it turned out pretty nice; although anything was going to look better than a baby mullet.

1 comment: