Monday, July 30, 2018

Summer Classics

Summer has many staples and now that it is August we have done many of them.

First things first, of course, is school ending.

Last day of 1st grade and 2nd grade


Cole you goof. Stand up straight. (Cole and his 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Peterson)

Note Cole's very appropriate goodbye shirt. 




Henry and his 1st grade teacher Mrs. Strebig

Memorial Day Parade. The boys decided to walk with the Scouts. Shout out to Pack 1-5-6!


It was super hot. Note Cole & Hen's camelbaks, there was a real concern about passing out from the heat

There's always a block party or two. This is the one that we weren't really invited to, but went anyway.




The St. John Vianney festival is always a favorite and brings back a lot of memories for an alum like myself. Side note:  Henry and I almost barfed on the Tilt-A-Whirl. I can't do rides like I used to. Yet another reason why I hate getting older.


A Brewer game or two (or three, etc.) is always a must. Although, I'm sure one is plenty for Kristin.


These three got to walk around the field with their Little League team.

Grilling out. Corn-on-the-cob is so good.


For this grill out we melted some peanut butter on the burgers. Not bad, but really not that great either. 

Lake fun, which really includes many activities, such as boating, tubing, swimming, sunburn, eating, drinking, and this year Lily Padding.

Watching the boys tube is quite a sight. They stand up, no hands, hang their body's outside the tube, floss and dab and do other crazy things. 


The bigs and I have been taking a lot of bike rides. They are getting better, but the first few trips were a little frustrating trying to teach them biking safety tips. I think I have them pretty much ready to go out on their own though.






4th of July, which for us in recent years means a parade and a fun after party at the Schilz's.





Crazy how many twins there are nowadays. 4 sets right at the same party. 



Outdoor movie night is a new one that I'd like to make into a tradition/summer classic. For the first annual outdoor movie night at the Heerey's we watched The Sandlot (1993). I'm really thinking I should watch more TV outside on a huge screen.



Ice Cream at RJ's. Always fun to grab some ice cream in summer. 

  

1 comment: