Tuesday, February 13, 2018

First post of 2018

First post of 2018...and it's February. The blog is not off to a good start. There are of course a ton of pictures below, but I guess a family update and life with twins narrative should be given. Why? I'm not sure, but here we go.

Our big family excitement is that the basement remodel and mud room are complete. We are still organizing, but there are no contractors coming over, which is nice (no offense to them). We now have a place for The Bigs to go and hang out and be wild little boys and we have also moved from one bathroom to three. That's obviously a nice improvement and makes things easier when you don't have to plan and coordinate every shit and shower.

Life with twins...Well, one happens to be crying right now. It has actually not been as rough as I imagined. The Littles are not very fussy. They whine and cry for awhile after their last bottle around 8:00, but otherwise just eat, sleep, shit and piss. Classic baby stuff. I also think Kristin and I are pretty hardened in after Cole and Henry. I remember, and there is probably a very old blog post about, struggling to let Cole cry it out when trying to get him to nap. I can let Gus and Louie go on for ages. Doesn't bother me a bit.

The most difficult part is probably not getting out much. The twins don't get much natural light. It's just to hard, or I'm to lazy, to get everyone bundled up and in car seats, etc. There is no where worth going when considering the hassle of getting two babies ready for the Wisconsin winter. And if you're talking all four boys, forget it. Definitely not worth it.

The final thing I'll mention is just how great Cole and Henry are to The Littles. They love being big bros and are very sweet and affectionate to Gus and Louis. Not to take anything away from Cole, but I'm almost worried Henry is going to eat one. He is over the top in his love and affection.



If you can get manage to read through the bad grammar and spelling, it looks like Henry is one of the sweetest boys around. [My New Year resolution is to be gentler to the earth, to remember the birth of Louis Robert Fuchs and Gus Francis Fuchs, donate more toys, to help my Mom with the feeding. Good luck me.] 


Bath time fun...

Bath time not so fun.





Boys had a Monday off, so I was home with all four, which meant indoor tent action, movies and lots of snacks. 




I think I went a bit overboard on the snacks. 



I went on a field trip with Hen. He actually had fun and loved skating. Not sure why he looks so miserable here. 


Nice outfit boys. Long sleeves under short sleeves. Like father like sons. 


  
Skins vs. skins?





These guys still love sharing a recliner. 

Someone came across an old photo of Kristin and I. Perhaps this can be a new blog feature. 







No comments:

Post a Comment